Friday 22 January 2016

4C Progress: 22nd Jan

I am very happy to say things have been going pretty damn well with this project so far. There is still a decent bit of work to go (which I'll cover below) but so far so good. This week I've added powerups, a fully functioning upgrade system, improved graphics and other HUD elements. Here's a few gifs to treat you eyeballs too:


Collect powerups from your foes!


Look, it's not as shitty looking a rectangle anymore!


Upgrade your powerups to become big and strong!
660 bullets per second for 10 seconds = 6600 bullets!


Upgrades for all!

So what's next? I hear you cry across the cosmos. Firstly I'm going to experiment with two new enemy types (one is a boss!) Whether they'll work or not I dunno. Next is a proper wave system with specific enemies spawning in specific numbers on specific waves. Simple really and the reason I'm testing extra enemies before doing this as I don't want to be rebalancing the game multiple times. Not. Fun. After is sound design (which is pretty self explanatory) and lastly a bit of graphical polish and a couple of simple menus. A lot for 7 days, but definitely doable. So I hope to see you at the end of the week with my first monthly game in hand!

-Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment