Sunday 8 November 2015

ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE BECAUSE I'M TIRED

Firstly I have removed character selection from the game. While this might look like a step back it's actually a pretty good move. I was never that happy with it anyway as most of the stats were pretty similar between the characters, and with the addition of story elements I'd much prefer the players character have a slightly larger part in the world without having to make multiple characters worth of story. Put simply it means less work for more gain, all around a good move I think.

Secondly I've altered certain graphics to fit with the growing story most importantly (if you argue that this is important at all!) changing floppy disks to keycards. No more collecting floppies and ramming them into a terminal, because who in the everliving f**k even uses floppy disks anymore. Now you grab a bunch of keycards instead. So there you go.

Lastly as mentioned elsewhere in this post I've begun making huge strides in story development. I've torn apart what I had previously come up with to refine and improve the setting, characters and world of Revolver. It's hard to sum up well but I've basically overhauled the ideas I've been building up on since day 1 in a way that fits the current game.

That's all for this week, hopefully I'll be getting the remaining important smaller parts done this week so I can get back to graphics and other stuff.

-Beau

twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment