Monday 23 February 2015

Generic Progress Update

Firstly, I'm sorry I didn't make a post last night but I find when I get back to my accommodation from home I'm usually really tired and find writing something like this really hard. In the future I might make my weekly posts on another day, maybe.

I've been making progress with a variety of things really. I have an interview for a placement next year which, if successful, means I can work and continue to live in Sheffield, which is a really nice city to live in. I've been making some progress on Revolver with attempting to add in a trait system, which has broken the path finding. Oh and it doesn't actually work yet. So, yay. I'll get around it all in due time, I'm pretty good with this sort of thing so I'm not phased, I just hope it isn't going to take too long because I'd hate to get bored with this project as I'm learning lots of new stuff from it.

Lore writing is still going on steadily with another races timeline being began. It's actually really fun to shape how a race develops based on a mixture of chance events, location, culture and what are basically great persons; heroes and villains. I'll be posting a little section for the initial human and another races timeline next week so you can have an idea of what I'm going for.

I'm a shite artist. I can draw but it's not the sort of thing I'd want to actually present and usually it just serves to remind myself what a particular thing should look like. I'm good at making symbols, I've made a particular races representation of base 8 at some-point among a whole host of other symbols representing magical stuff and factions, but as a whole drawing people or places is something I suck at. So I'm asking any and every artist I know if they would like to take a crack at taking these places, races and other things I've created and manifesting them as actual viewable objects rather than just descriptions. I have basic ideas for how most are meant but there will be a pretty good margin of creative licence for whoever wants to help. If you do want to help just contact me by my email: BeauZStanton@gmail.com or twitter which, as usual will be posted below.

That's all I've got for today folks.

-Beau

twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment