Sunday 27 September 2015

Testing & Graphics

Quick one this week as I haven't been doing a huge variety of things with Revolver. Mostly I've been working on improving the graphics via tiles. Game Makers tile system basically lets you make a "tile-set" which is a grid of graphics that you use by placing individual grid squares in a level with a minimal effect on performance. Basically you layer these tiles over the game itself to give it a better graphical finish. It's a pretty good system for doing a simple graphical overhaul without making tons of in game objects. The main reason I've decided to work on this now is that the game is reaching the point where I really want to start getting the word out. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting this to be the next big thing but any attention Revolver gets is going to go a long way. It's because of this that presentation is getting more important and why I'm concentrating on it now. Better graphics is also going to make the game more interesting to play as the current gray heavy graphics are so dull to look at it takes away any fun the game actually has to offer!

In other news I'm after play testers! You can get the latest update of Revolver here which is the version that adds the level climaxes and intro room and you can answer a simple feedback form here. Any feedback is much appreciated and will help me out a hell of a lot so please give Revolver a go and tell me what you think!

-Beau

twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment