Sunday 5 April 2015

Meh

I've got a headache, so I'm keeping this super short and I will write another post probably tomorrow or Tuesday. Progresswise Revolver is going good with the final main part of the game being made, the flares and their lighting. With that done I'm pretty much free to make whichever part I want next, which is always nice.

REVOLVER DEV LOG:

30/03/2015:
-Created a character/job selection at the start of the game allowing players to select difficulty in an interesting manner. Can't get a display for it though. Current pressing ZXCV are what set starting characters.

31/03/2015:
-Balanced movement speed for the new traits and perks.
-Designed several trait effects.
-Edited the GUI for the trait selection so you can actually read what traits you are picking. I should add a description too but for now its fine.
-Added variables for healthkit restoration and ammo pickup so I can alter it with traits.
-Created a total of 8 traits up to now.
-Added a basic difficulty scale with each wave adding 2 new enemies. It'll do for now.

01/04/2015:
-Set up a trait that increases the perks strength, but need to think about how it should work. Increases bottom half by a value and the other half by double that?
-Perk bonus trait is done. Each of the three buttons now has three traits to pick from. Will add more later as currently all are just a single small bonus to a stat.
-Player now gains 20 xp for collecting a floppy disk. The wave now ends without the player killing a no of enemies.

02/04/2015: REDACTED (WORK LOST)
-Created spirit sprite.
-Created basic spirit enemy which can chase the player. Needs to be able to go through walls, hurt the player & be damaged by the flashlight/flares only.

03/04/2015:
-Game doesn't work for any apparent reason. The code to do stuff is there but the update has just gone ahead and broken everything.
-Added XP carry over allowing larger chunks of XP to be given to the player without error.
-After this mornings frustration I have managed to work on the flares' lighting a bit but I'm still not sure how to fix it.
-Created a short theme that will become the main theme for Revolver. Most of my game music will be piano based because that's what I do best.

04/04/2015:
-Fixed the error of flare lights not working.
-Flares now work as an ingame item. All character can carry a max of five with different characters starting with 1 -3 flares. Collecting ammo has about a 50% chance of giving the player a flare if they have room spare.
-Added a flare perk that gives the player 2 extra starting flares and increases the capacity by 1.

I'm going to write about scope soon I promise, but I don't feel up to it today so I'll make this post now, those soon and then post all links at once.

-Beau

twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment