Monday 1 December 2014

Placements, Night Vale & Pyromancy Developments

So today I started the fun task of applying for jobs to do in my placement year. For those who don't know I am currently in my second year of a Software Engineering degree. Instead of going straight through the universities own placement portal I decided to take a step in the direction I really want to go in and contact several companies that develop video games directly asking if they take on undergraduates or if they are willing to. So far I've only got through to F (I'm going alphabetically) but it's a start.

Second on the agenda. I've finally got the data ready for my Web Application Development Assignment where we are tasked with making an event website. I've decided to base mine on the fictional city of Night Vale, which to those who don't know is city whose stories are told via a podcast called Welcome to Night Vale. Welcome to Night Vale is great for fans of stuff like Black Mirror or The Twilight Zone, but you really have to try it for yourself to get an idea of what it is: commonplacebooks.com

Finally I've been making consistent albeit slightly shoddy work on The Pyromancer. It seems forcing yourself to work does reduce quality but going back and improving the writing is something I do often and quite well so this is of no worry to me. Also I've decided to make the final area a small dungeon allowing players to make a few extra decisions and go wandering about which is actually a real nice change of pace compared to the story driven first two acts of the story where the other character guides you around.

Anyway, that's enough outta me for this week (at least until next Sunday).

-Beau


PS Sorry I didn't update yesterday I was super tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment